We are pleased to announce the 2015 Technology Fellows cohort:
- Angela Craft, Term Assistant Professor, UAA Medical Laboratory Science
- Ammie Tremblay, Assistant Professor, UAA School of Nursing
- Donna Aguiniga, Assistant Professor, UAA School of Social Work
- Heather Nice, Instructional Design, UAA School of Nursing
- Lorelei Sterling, Assistant Professor, Distance Education Librarian, UAA/APU Consortium Library
- Naomi Everett, Assistant Professor, UAA Career and Technical College, Culinary Arts
- Philippe Amstislavski, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Public Health, UAA Dept of Health Sciences
- Rhonda Johnson, Dr.PH, Professor of Public Health, UAA Dept of Health Sciences
- Toby Long, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Kenai Peninsula College
- Travis Hedwig, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, UAA Dept of Health Sciences
- Veronica Howard, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, UAA College of Arts & Sciences, Psychology
Congratulations to you all! We are excited to work with this new group of Tech Fellows, welcome to the community!
The Technology Fellows program was built to encourage and foster student achievement through the use of technology engaged learning with faculty and staff at UAA. While the central purpose of the Technology Fellows program is on course redesign, each year we select a specific focus to encourage faculty to continually build and expand new skills, interests and abilities.
The 2015 Tech Fellows cohort will focus on the use of Open Educational Resources (OER). OER are materials that once created remain in the public domain to be freely used without cost or restrictions. When used in education, OER materials can significantly reduce both the cost of education and amount of work required when designing a course.
Hello Commons Blog/Site Authors,
We have updated Commons to WordPress 3.9, which promises a better editing/publishing experience for those of you who are authoring a blog or site. You can find more information in this article.
Its Official, FTC is now UAA Academic Innovations & elearning. Visit our new website, and sign up for Bootcamp and Spring Workshops.
Happy Holidays from the staff at FTC- now known as UAA Academic Innovations & eLearning.
View our special Holiday Greeting Video
Users now have the option to add an attachment such as an image to forum topics and replies. So add some pizazz to your conversations with commons friends!
We recently held an engagement session for the common for some early adopters and current UAA community leaders. We are in an early stage and all of of our current users are early adoptors and potential mentors for new members. Thanks!
Much valuable input and insight was gleamed at the session. It was appreciated at this (and all) stages of the development and community life cycle.
If you were not able to make the session, here is a link to the Bb Collaborate recording.
A few highlights of ideas:
- Time management tips for faculty
- Gamification in education
- Success Stories
- Blackboard & Collaborate (and other tools) user forums
- Committees as groups sharing current projects
- New faculty, staff and adjunct orientation
- Sharing what hasn’t worked
We heard some great ideas and I am feeling energized and excited about what can grow from our physical community, into our new open, online space.